Sunday 2 December 2012

reading reflection #4

Halo: The Forerunner Saga
Greg Bear
pages 240-266


    Now that I am at chapter 34, almost all of the questions I had in my last reading reflection have been answered except my question about what happened to the humans? I don't know if they are even still alive or held captive somewhere? I don't have a clue. What I do know though, is that the Didact is still alive somewhere, one of the counsellors confirmed that when Bornstellar asked.
     I think the brevet mutation that Bornstellar had to endure is still affecting him greatly in many different ways.  He is almost at war with himself in his thoughts, like the Didact's imprint inside him is fighting for dominance of Bornstellar's mind. Also Bornstellar's eating habits have changed a lot.  Some of the foods he used to love to eat now make him sick or feel weak. I find that his eating habits changing is weird because the food I eat now most likely won't change when I'm older unless they invent a new way of eating and all new food types.  
    That is something I find cool in the book; the armor that Forerunners wear all the time can maintain life on its own by recycling nutrients that their bodies absorb and release.
    I predict that in the next section of my book, the humans will unfortunately be cut out whether it be by death, exile or imprisonment. I'm not sure but I don't think they will be back which is a shame because I really like Chakas and Riser. Mostly because they were humans but I don't see why the master builder (Faber) would keep them around they have no use to him and his plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment